Reviews - Currently Rated 96%
"Thank you for making this. It has changed my life, and made something so simple - so accessible." - Horizons96
"I guaratee if you play it 10 minutes a day, for 30 days, it will change your life in a very meaningful way. A must own." - Some Old Fool
"I never would have considered to practise meditation if it wasn't for this game [...] this game actually helps me to come at ease whenever I need it and for that I am very grateful." - Sanugia
"After my first 10 minute session I felt like I woke up from a dream. Anxiety melted away. I will be using this every day." - Schofield
"Using this app is very calming when I have many assignments due and need to lessen my anxiety. Much recommended :)" - Yeti Nepotist
"before this app, I didn't meditate at all. Since I started meditating with Playne, I only missed one day over the last 60 days or so" - Drone-Ah
"This game is relatively inexpensive compared to what it will give you to life." - Drodz
"I will definitely use these methods to help myself not only in critical moments but also in everyday life, just to make myself feel better" - Aga I My, Steam Curator
About the Game
- 97% felt calmer and less stressed after playing Playne
- 98% found the meditation in Playne easy to understand and practise
- 90% successfully built a consistent habit of mindfulness by playing Playne
Features of Playne
- Helps you to build a consistent habit of mindfulness.
- Reduce stress, increase well-being and promotes personal growth.
- The game-world grows and transforms as you build your positive habit.
- Meditation sceneries with unique sound ambiances.
- Choose weather conditions and time to create custom sound ambiances.
- Explore the Story of Playne, written by a BAFTA nominated film-maker.
- Experience the many benefits of mindfulness.
Game Mode 'Evolve' (End Game Unlock)
- Explore an open world island inspired by Scotland.
- Collect & plant seeds.
- Meditate to make the seeds grow into trees.
- Create your forests and your own tranquil space.
Playne Grows With You
The StoryAt your ripe old age of 417, you’ve forgotten what made the sun stop moving, how the trees stopped growing and how everyone became immortal. That is, until you met a little fox who wanted to help you remember, who wanted to show you how to bring balance back to the world.
From the DeveloperMy name is Krish and I developed Playne to solve two of the most common challenges of mindfulness: understanding it and building a daily habit of it.
In Playne I've integrated a meditation technique, which I learnt from decades of practise, that is simple to practice and very effective in getting you mindful. Next, I've carefully developed gameplay elements that encourage you to meditate daily so that you can build a habit of it. I think games are a great medium which can be used to help us grow.
I would ideally make Playne free - because I would like the benefits of Playne to be freely available to everyone. But this is my first game and I need to generate an income so that I can spend more time building and developing Playne further. I want to offer as much of my time and effort to bring about a more joyful world. I hope this page tells you what Playne can do for you, and I hope Playne can help you experience all the benefits of mindfulness.
Benefits of Mindfulness
Mindfulness is just a term used to describe a way to cultivate a form of awareness. When you are in this awareness, it can be deeply relaxing, restorative and in this relaxation you can go deeper into your self. Below is a list of the benefits of mindfulness that has been researched:
- Cultivate creativity
- Improve immunity
- Improve your mood and psychological well-being
- Increases feelings of compassion and decreases worry
- decreases feelings of loneliness
- Decrease depression
- Better regulate mood and anxiety disorders
- Prepares you to deal with stressful events
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Reduces symptoms of panic disorder
- Reduce addictions
- Improves your focus, attention, and ability to work under stress
- Improves information processing and decision-making
- Improves mental resilience and emotional intelligence
- Relieves pain better than morphine
- Helps manage ADHD
- Increases the ability to keep focus in spite of distractions
- Improves learning, memory and self-awareness
- Decreases inflammatory disorders
- Decreases cellular-level inflammation
- Helps prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and premature death
- Helps manage psoriasis
- Reduces emotional eating
More details can be found here : https://liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/
New features are regularly added to Playne. March
Weather & Time CustomisationsFebruary Part II
Meditation Views with Unique Sound-scapesFebruary Part I
Steam Achievements + Cloud Save AddedJanuary
Story + Text Fully Edited and Revamped (thank you Nerrei)
Immersive 360 View Mode
6 New Meditation Customisations
3 Meditation Optimisations
Better Streak System
• 2018 •November
New Story Chapter Added
More dialogue options with FoxOctober
New Day Driven Progress System
Fully Dynamic Tree Growth
Evolve Game Mode ReleasedAugust
Evolve Mode Preview
New Story Chapter
I'm especially grateful to everyone who has purchased Playne as an early access game. Your early support means a lot to me, and practically it helps me to keep developing and improving Playne. I hope in return I can give you a game which genuinely helps you to live a life with awareness.Made with ♥ in Scotland!